“It was Zac’s dream to become a physician.”
The Living for Zachary Scholarship will be awarded to three high school students in the amount of $2,500 who demonstrate academic excellence, school and community participation, leadership potential and financial need. In addition, because it was Zac’s dream to become a physician, the scholarship will be awarded to those pursuing a medical oriented program of study.
The application process for the 2016-2017 school year is now closed.
Applicants for a Living for Zachary Scholarship must meet all of the following criteria:
- Graduate by July 2017 from a Collin County public high school
- Plan to attend a two- or four-year college or university in the fall of 2017
- Achieve a GPA and class ranking which demonstrates academic success
- Demonstrate community service, volunteerism and commitment to leadership development
- Commit to pursue a medical oriented degree program
- Demonstrate financial need
Scholarship applicants will be evaluated based upon:
- Completed application
- Commitment to a medical oriented program of study as demonstrated by student essay
- Recommendation from an educator
- Academic success as demonstrated by the student’s transcript
- Financial need
- Each winner will receive a single, $2,500 scholarship paid directly to the college or university in the fall of 2017
- Scholarship recipients must agree to and comply with the Terms of the Award
- Living for Zachary is hopeful that scholarship recipients will continue to be engaged with the organization
- Should the scholarship recipient fail to enroll to college or university as expected or unable to comply with the Terms of the Award, scholarship monies will be forfeited
Saturday, December 17, 2016. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered; NO EXTENSIONS OR EXCEPTIONS.
Application Packet Must Include:
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Educator Recommendation – One recommendation must be from a teacher.The educator recommendation should speak to the student’s academic record and his or her knowledge of the student’s plans to pursue a medical field of study.
- Applicants may not submit letters of recommendation written by family members, relatives or peers.
- Official High School Transcript
- Submit online application and essay
- Mail letter of recommendation and official high school transcript
- Applications must be submitted no later than Saturday, December 17, 2016
- Applications postmarked after the deadline will not be considered
NO EXTENSIONS OR EXCEPTIONS
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Send letter of recommendation and official high school transcript to:
Living for Zachary
Scholarship Selection Committee
3200 Earhart Drive Carrollton, TX 75006